- "Knowledge of mechanical systems and components"
The Mechanic skill covers basic and advanced knowledge about workings of mechanical systems and devices.
Ability Point cost: 3
- Can be used to fix the heater/air conditioning in your camp (in exam room 17 of the Cryo Facility)
- Used for construction and deconstruction of Shopping Cart, Box Cart and Travois
The skill can be used during following encounters:
- at the start of the game, inside the Cryo Facility, to lock the door before the incoming creature
- at Zom Zom's, if the character ends up being stock and fights a robot, to defeat it
- at the Detroit Savings Bank, can block the HVAC intake vent
- at scavenging to increase the safety of scavenging
- at Fort Grayling to speed up the forklift
|HVAC (heated) (R)||0.25||
| Travois (R*) |
(* Mechanic skill not needed for disassembly)
|Shopping Cart (R)||1.00||
|Box Cart (R)||1.00||
- Similar to the Electrician skill, its use is quite limited. However, it might be useful for players struggling to find a vehicle early in the game.